Thursday, October 13, 2011

Falling in Love with Fall


Fall fever has definitely set in here. All of the leaves are changing into a beautiful array of sunset colors. Mustard seed yellow, bright orange, plum purple, brick red, and chestnut brown. We have been enjoying long trail walks through the park admiring God's beautiful display of color. Last Saturday we went to the fall festival. We enjoyed scenic hay rides, petting farm animals, pony rides, pumpkin picking, stilt walking, face painting, and family fun classic games like corn cob toss and corn hole.


I loved that they had a bucket of water available to wash the pumpkins. :)

On Monday Zella and I went on a trail walk in the park. I wanted to take a few fall portraits of her there so I dressed her up for the occasion. The first picture reminds me of red riding hood spotting the wolf along the trail.

This one is by far my absolute favorite. It was taken right in front of the old Iddings log cabin that was built in 1804.

The Iddings Log Cabin is the oldest structure on it's original site in Miami County, Ohio. The following picture shows the cabin and all of it's glory. It was photographed by Ron Hart. Simply Stunning!

Yesterday evening the girls and I went pumpkin picking at our favorite farmer's market. Sadly their famous corn husk tepee wasn't completely up yet but the amount of pumpkins to choose from was amazing!

The girls made sure to bring their mini me's along to help decide.

And I forgot to mention their gorgeous mums!

The girls couldn't get enough of their sweet smelling aroma. Xiera and Zella had found a few that had fallen from grace and wanted to bring them home to display in their vases. Of course I said yes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails