Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Big Girl's First Day

Today was Xiera's first day of Kindergarten. She had mixed emotions this morning of nervousness and excitement. She picked out the outfit she wanted to wear the night before. Her style; COMFORT! She is anti jeans and all about the comfy cotton pants. Her favorite hairstyle: Out of her face and back in one of her FAVORITE headbands. Her book bag and lunch bag: Disney Princesses, OF COURSE!


Daddy and I decided to take her on her first day instead of her getting on the bus. On her way to school, you could tell she was so excited. She had the biggest smile on her face. When we entered her classroom, she went and found her cubby, and hung up her jacket, bag and lunch bag and went to show off her new clothes to her teacher. I then took a few more pics of my big girl; notice the pose.....so hilarious.


Then we said our good byes and were on our way. We turned around to get one more quick look and saw her sitting on the bean bag looking at a book while waiting for the rest of her friends to show up, and we left. I didn't cry, YET. I probably will be balling my eyes out the day she gets on the bus for sure! I can't wait to hear how her first day went later on today! I am so proud of her.

With Love,
Lindsay

1 comment:

Jennifer Cirka said...

((HUGS))

the first day of kindergarten is bittersweet....and so is first grade!

Related Posts with Thumbnails