Friday, August 24, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Zella's first day of kindergarten was today and although I have been looking forward to this day, being a stay at home mom for over 8 years, I ended up being a crying mess for most of the morning. I have noticed myself checking the clock every 20-30 minutes anticipating the time that I can break this strange childless silence that I am not exactly used to.
Hubby and I took the girls to school this morning. On the way there, I could hear Xiera giving her little sister a pep talk. "There is no talking in the halls and if anyone is mean to you, just ignore them!"
I have to say that was wonderful advice for Zella since ignoring is something she hasn't quite mastered yet. Zella is my little brute and if anyone or anything is bugging her, you can rest assure that she will let them and everyone around know.
Zella was so excited once we arrived in her class. She put her book bag and lunch box into her very own locker and then found her name on one of the tables and sat down ready to learn.
Leaving her there was so bittersweet. She is my baby and yet she isn't. She is such a big girl now. I look forward to hearing all about her first day this afternoon. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails