Saturday, June 16, 2012

Butterfly Kisses

Today my cousin, Gabrielle, had her baby shower. She wants her little Payton Elizabeth's nursery to be in lots of pinks with butterflies. I know she loves the Raspberry Tiddliwinks Bedding Collection at Target so I crocheted a baby blanket with matching hat and toy for her little princess Payton. I made the butterfly on the blanket in the same design as one of the butterflies on the Tiddliwinks set. I was a little weary about having little buttons sewn onto the baby blanket, but I know it will be more of a displayed heirloom keepsake. I kept with the same design for the tiny butterfly on the hat but could only fit one button on instead of two on the bottom pair of wings. For the little butterfly toy, I went ahead and made it without the buttons. I wanted it to be loved so I embroidered the eyes, mouth, and rosy cheeks and hand sewn the crochet wing spots on. Gabbi looks so radiant with her pregnant glow. She absolutely loves the butterfly set I made for her little princess too. :)

4 comments:

Bubble said...

I love your butterflies,clever lady xxxxx

crochetdlane said...

Thank you!

Lindsay

Kayla said...

I would love to know where, or if you share patterns for those cute little butterflys

crochetdlane said...

Hello Kayla!

I actually never got around to writing the pattern out for those crocheted butterflies. Sorry I can't be more of a help at this time. If I get a chance to, I will post them on my blog. My orders usually slow down in the summer, so I will have more time to write out my patterns. Thanks so much for your interest though. :)

Lindsay

Related Posts with Thumbnails