Friday, January 29, 2010

From Generation to Generation


Today at craft time I decided I would teach the girls how to crochet. I wanted to teach them a simple chaining technique so we made bracelets. Xiera caught on really well! I only helped her to put on the buttons that she chose. I also helped to make the end loop and to sew on the button to fasten the bracelet together. It was a little hard to explain because I am left handed and the girls are both right handed. I figured out that by being across from them while explaining was a lot easier because they could mirror what I was doing.

Zella lost interest almost instantly and decided that counting buttons and making them talk to each other was more fun. :)

And here is Xiera's finished bracelet!

I think it turned out rather cute! And it looks really adorable on her too!



The Trendy Treehouse

5 comments:

Tara said...

This is just adorable. You have to come visit my blog!!!

I would love to have you add some photos to our I heart crafts flickr group and submit some projects for an upcoming magazine feature.

Check it out. I am following you and checking to see if you have a button.

Tara
Trendy Treehouse
http://thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com/

crochetdlane said...

Thanks Tara! I will have to check it out!! Sounds like fun!! I did go ahead and share my crochet bracelet idea on your Creative Wednesday blog hop today! I am also following your adorable and informative blog too!!

Thanks again!

Lindsay

Tara said...

Thanks Lindsay, I went out and bought yarn today. My daughters love to embroider. This would be fun too! I am going to surprise them with this project. Too cute! Thanks again. And thanks for linking up!

Tara

Angelica Bays, TygrLilies.blogspot.com said...

This is FABULOUS! I've got at least half a dozen little friends to send this link to!!
Thank so much!

crochetdlane said...

You are welcome!! Please share away!! It was a very fun craft to do with the girls and I know boys would have a blast doing it too!

Lindsay

Related Posts with Thumbnails