Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Painting With Yarn


Today Zella wanted to paint so I brought out my inner preschool teacher and got a little creative. Instead of the regular paint brushes to paint with, why not use pieces of scrap yarn? (Which I have lots of!)

Materials we used were...

construction paper
yarn scraps
wooden clothes pins
washable paint
paper plate

First I placed small amounts of paint in a variety of colors onto a paper plate. You can also use a regular plate. I just wanted clean up time to be as easy and fast as possible. Then I attached small pieces of yarn onto wooden clothes pins and dipped them into each color of yarn. Zella then picked out a piece of construction paper and we were ready to paint. She dragged the string along the paper like a worm and laid it in different ways to create different designs. It was a lot of fun. We also used texture yarn for a different design effect.

It turned out really neat!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails