Sunday, March 1, 2009

SUCCESS

Hubby and I stayed up until 4:30
this morning working on Zella's cake for her special day today. I then woke up with the girls at 7:30 this morning. I am officially sleep deprived and running on caffeine from my cup of coffee. We are having her Sponge Bob Birthday party later on this afternoon. I have to say that hubby worked the hardest on him putting him together. I baked the cake and made the icing and was also in charge of cleaning up the aftermath.


I think he turned out pretty AWESOME!


THIS website gave us all the tips and ideas on how to make him. I used a Lasagna dish and 2 boxes of Betty Crocker's cake mix. I then made my own homemade butter creme icing for the yellow on his face and body parts. We used Betty Crocker White and Chocolate Icing for his shirt, pants, socks and eyes and Wilson icing for his eyes pupils, mouth/tongue, black outlining, and stripes for his socks. We also used Swiss Rolls for his legs and feet, Ding Dongs for his pants legs, and Twinkies for his shirt sleeves.

Xiera gave her approval early this morning and then asked, "Mommy, where are his holes?" The thought that crossed my mind at that very moment was, "OOPS!!" To which I then replied, "Well honey he didn't feel like wearing them today." Okay I know, what a silly reply, but she was pleased with this answer and just smiled. ;)

Now I have to get back to all the party preparations. I will post pictures of the party soon. ;)

With Love,
Lindsay

1 comment:

first lady said...

COngrats on the success ... I love it. you guys are awesome parents .......

Related Posts with Thumbnails